BTG: “I Am the Future” Scholarship
What is “I Am the Future”? An opportunity for students who are committed to supporting
God’s mission through direct service & positive planning to share their plan for making
an impact in the future.
What is the scholarship? A scholarship comprising financial contributions
from Westside Church and Bridge the Gap to support innovation and sustainability.
Innovation here means: reaching defined personal outcomes in a new way to support mission.
Who is being invited to apply for the I Am the Future Scholarship?
• Middle School Students – $75.00 Scholarship
• High School Students – $175.00 Scholarship
• College Students – $250.00 Scholarship
What is needed to apply for the scholarship?
• At least a 3.0 GPA (A/B average) – *submit last report card or transcript for verification.
• Recommendation Letter from current or previous teacher/professor.
• Proof of at least 10 hours of community service. *High School and College Applicants Only – in 2019
• Must be actively involved in church ministry (or have joined by the time of submission)
*Example: Greeters, Ushers, Dance, Choir, etc.
Submit an essay addressing ALL THREE of the following areas:
1. What do you think about the future and what is your plan to impact it?
(choose from options: Christianity, Politics, Society, Social Media)
2. Research one biblical character and show how you can learn from them.
3. How will receiving the scholarship help you reach your goals?
***Essays must be at least 3 pages in length (no more than 4): typed, double spaced, 12pt. font, Times Romans
What is the timeline for the I Am the Future cycle?
• 10/6/2019: Applications Open
• 11/10/2019: Applications Due
• 11/17/19: External Educators to evaluate submissions.
• 11/24/19: Three winners announced
Who do I contact if I have ANY questions about the scholarship cycle or process?
Any member of Bridge the Gap ministry.